How can UX Boost Digital Marketing?
The digital consumers today are more restless and impatient. Whether on the web or app marketplace they always have a multitude of options across every niche or category or preference. Naturally, they ruthlessly drop an app only to opt for another instantly when the user experience doesn’t live up to their expectations. So, the UX matters to make a brand image market an app or reach a wider audience through digital means.
Some of the key attributes of a good user experience (UX) like dynamic, easy to use and intuitive user interface, responsive app design for multiple screen sizes and accessibility constraints, a mix of high-quality contents and excellent customer support not only make an app successful but it also helps the business creating louder buzz and reaching more extensive audience.
Evolving Mobile User Experience
The whole focus and stress on the user experience is a very recent phenomenon that has arisen due to the overwhelming reach of mobile apps. Thanks to mobile apps consumer interactions with businesses went through a total transformation. After the mobile devices became the principal touch point for customers to connect web and applications, the user experience continued to evolve and become sharper, value-driven and more context-focused. Instead of bluntly following a User Experience (UX) standard, most apps now focus on personalizing the experience for individual users and contextualizing the UX as per user situations.
A whopping 52% of users feel that non-optimized user experience leads to the loss of user engagement. While the vast majority of local searches for businesses happen on mobile devices, every business app has to deliver an intuitive and user-focused app. The UX needs to be continuously fine-tuned and get better over time. A static user experience that stops evolving will slow down in engagement as well.
Active UX Element for Business Conversion
An app that enjoys the regular traction and traffic but fails to monetize the activities hardly offer any substantial business value. Until and unless the app doesn’t convert user activities and engagement into business, the UX hasn’t passed the test. The UX is not just about the usability of the app. It is also about driving the user towards business conversion.
In eCommerce apps, the ultimate purpose of user experience is to convert sales. This happens through a number of UI and UX elements such as prominent and relevant CTA buttons, user-optimized and effortless registration process, easier payment gateway and user-focused product browsing experience.
But this relation between UX elements and business conversion is not just limited to eCommerce apps but apps of other niches as well. For example, in a travel app, the UX elements can guide the user towards booking hotels, transport and tickets or can encourage the user to opt for newsletters or subscriptions.
Boost the Digital Marketing through Content
If you think UX is all about design tricks and technical elements that boost ease of use, you are wrong. A key aspect of any quality UX is the contents. High-quality contents are crucial to engaging your users and become loyal to the app. For a marketer, loyal users and steady engagement are two of the most vital aspects, and this cannot be ensured without quality content.
Contents directly allow marketers to convey a message and communicate target users. Now there are certain UX elements that can elevate the readability of your contents and discoverability of your marketing message. Some of the tested and tried tips to boost content readability and discoverability include the following.
- Use structured content with small paragraphs broken into several heads, subheads, sections and bullet points as applicable.
- Use bold and enlarged typeface to showcase the key parts of the content.
- Use color blocks to ensure better traction. You can also use color blocks to create visual priority with contents.
- Use a mix of contents to give your content a visual flair apart from boosting readability. Use high-quality images, infographics, text and small descriptive video to increase engagement.
It is needless to say that contents can be a vital part of your UX strategy and digital marketing if they are articulated with such design elements and readability features.
Key UX Elements to Boost Digital Marketing
While the objective of digital marketing is to connect customers and sell the products through digital avenues, the User Experience (UX) elements of the app can play a vital role in this. Let us explain 4 such key UX elements.
- UX help to locate a product or service: It is crucial for modern apps to allow locating products instantly through a host of location technologies like GPS, Apple Map, Google Map, location sensors and various APIs to allow streaming the location data in real time.
- UX for customer retention: While a loyal customer is an asset for a business, customers using an app for fleeting moments are just junks. To boost retention and customer loyalty through a rewarding user experience the app needs to evolve with the expectation and demands of the user.
- Decluttering the app: One of the biggest aspects of optimizing the user experience is to remove clutter and minimize the cognitive load of an app. Reduced cognitive load of an app will help to avoid distractions and engage in the desired manner that marketers aim for.
- UX to promote business: Some UX elements can directly push sales and business output. An intuitive UX that guides users to take certain actions can make the job of the marketers easier.
In the last analysis, it is the User Experience (UX) which is going to be decisive for the digital marketing success. It is the UX which will ensure engagement, loyalty, retention and traction leading to business conversion. Both UX and digital marketing should complement each other.
Juned Ghanchi is CMO and proud co-founder of IndianAppDevelopers a leading mobile app development company in India. He loves to share his knowledge about mobile technologies on various blogs.